Welcome to the Parish Website
Would you like to be on the Parish Council, involved with the Neighbourhood Plan or Parish Emergency plan? Find out more if you feel you would like to contribute to the community in any of these roles.
The parish consists of the villages of Aldringham, Thorpeness and part of the hamlet of Sizewell together with the areas in between these communities.
The purpose of the website is to provide an additional information and communication route for the residents of the parish in particular and everyone else in general.
From the site you can learn about the parish and its communities, read news and see what events are taking place here. As well as information about the area you can find details of local businesses and important contacts.
The Parish Past & Present area of the website holds a growing list of histories. Here is the obvious place to gather information and images before they're lost to time. Please let us know if you can add to this.
We hope you find the website useful, but we would like to know. Please give us your opinion by completing this simple form leaving your Feedback. Many thanks to those of you who have told us what you think - more comment would appreciated!
If you are a resident of the parish and feel
you could help in contributing to the site
please contact us. Please tell us too if you
spot any errors or omissions.
Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous 2018 to all Parishioners of Aldringham-cum-Thorpe
Make sure you know what's happening in and around the Parish...
- In the News & Events section see details of current Planning Applications in your neighbourhood (normally checked weekly, last updated on 8.12.17). Read Trading Standards' weekly newsletter detailing the latest scams being tried on the internet, the doorstep and telephone on the Warnings page. You can read about the Consumer Rights Act and there's a link to a webpage telling you how to spot fraudulent websites.
- The Good Neighbour Scheme may be able to help you, a relative or a friend - Minutes of AGMs and other updates are published on their page.
- Read about developments regarding the proposed Sizewell C Nuclear installation, including Stage 2 of EDF's Public Consultation, the Parish Council's response to it, and those of other interested parties, monthly updates from EDF and the Sizewell C Joint Local Authorities Group, and information about the Environment Agency's involvement.
- Keep an eye on progress on Thorpeness Coastal Protection, and learn about our beautiful surroundings on the Environment page.
- Check the Charities page if you'd like to take part an event, donate or volunteer for St Elizabeth's Hospice, or otherwise help the Hospice and other Charities (updated 27.9.17) and keep an eye on the Ogilvie Pavilion & Sports Ground if you're feeling active or sociable! The Parrot & Punchbowl Inn and the Dolphin Inn each have Petanque teams and matches are played at both venues.
- Join Neighbourhood Watch and read the Neighbourhood Watch Information page which tells you how to track crime in the area and gives you advice from the Police.
Let us know what you're arranging so it can be included on the website. If you have any news or items of interest don't forget to email them to email@example.com or use the Contact form below.
There's plenty to do in the Parish so make sure you check the Events page - something for everyone!
Take a look at the Gallery - there are some interesting photographs of the parish. There are more on the Parish Past pages of the website, as well as local history. If you have anything we'd all like to see please send it to the Parish email address - firstname.lastname@example.org or use the Contact form above.
Can't find what you want? Use the Search... box at the top of each page.
Have you seen the latest Parish Newsletter?
Mrs Pippa McLardy's role as editor of the Parish Newsletter is much appreciated, and we look forward to reading forthcoming issues. Contributions to the Newsletter, published three times a year, are welcomed - see this page for details on how to submit them.
The Parish Magazine is produced each month by Mrs Pat Challis. The magazine includes information relating to the villages in the three Parishes within the Whinlands Benefice - Aldringham-cum-Thorpe, Knodishall and Friston. The copy date for the magazine is around the middle of each month (usually 16th - 18th) for publication the following month. If you would like something to be included in the magazine you can contact Mrs Challis by email: email@example.com.
N.B. Emails to the website do not go directly to the Parish Council, but are forwarded as necessary.
If you wish to contact the Parish Council more quickly please do so via the Parish Clerk or a Councillor.
Aldringham-cum-Thorpe Parish Council