Aldringham-cum-Thorpe Parish Council Policy on Temporary Advertising Boards
The open spaces, within the Parish of Aldringham-cum-Thorpe are an essential part of the rural environment in which our two villages are set. It is important to the community that the value of these open spaces is not diminished by the over enthusiastic siting of temporary advertising signs, leading to a reduction of the enjoyment of the area.
It is the intention of Aldringham-cum-Thorpe Parish Council to ensure that the significant open spaces in the parish are not abused by excessive fly posting and will remove any postings at these locations.
The significant open spaces have been identified as:
- Aldringham Green (Mill Hill)
- The triangle in the roadway on the east side of the cross roads
- The area by the bus stop on the east side of the cross roads
- The triangle outside the Dolphin Inn
- The area in front of the Boat House and Meare Cafe
In all other areas Aldringham-cum-Thorpe Parish Council will seek to ensure that the requirements of ‘The Town and Country Planning (Control of Advertisements) (England) Regulations 2007’ and the Suffolk County Council Highways Advice Note ESE012 ‘Advertising Signs in the Highway’ are met in full.